School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education.
SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana.
School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
Location: Ashanti Region
Reports to: Education Development Manager
School for Life in partnership with Luminos Fund will be implementing a Complementary Basic Education /Second Chance Programme, targeting out of school children for a 9-month literacy and numeracy education and onward transition into formal schools for the 2022/23 academic year.
In line with this, School for Life is looking for qualified and experience candidates for a Field Coordinator Position:
This position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in the Ashanti region.
The position holder shall be responsible for the direct supervision and support for Field Facilitators.
He/she shall also be responsible for coordinating activities of School for Life/Luminos Fund Complementary Basic Education (CBE)/Second Chance Programme in the Region including stakeholder engagements at the district and community levels.
He/she shall also play a key role in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of programme implementation and progress.
He/She shall be the point person for School for life in the region and district of operations.
- Coordinating activities of School for Life Operations in the Region and designated districts
- Supervise and provide support including coaching and mentoring to field supervisors assigned to him or her.
- Responsible for communities’ involvement and the implementation of SfL activities in the designated districts.
- Responsible for the MER tasks within the designated districts
- In collaboration with the Ghana Education Service, the Complementary Education Agency and the District Assemblies, arrange and implement animation for the SfL/Luminos Fund programme.
- Carry out stakeholder engagement and advocacy activities at the District level with support of the programme team
- Present monthly, quarterly-, end of cycle-, activity- and situational reports to the Education Development Manager
- Participate as course coordinator in training course for facilitators and assist in the training of local stakeholders
- Responsible for the data collection at community level including the tracer programme
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts with Traditional authorities, MDA’s and community representatives in the district
- Support the establishment of local committees in the communities and guide their operations
- Conduct sustained animation in the communities based on identified needs
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
Application Closing Date:
Applications should be submitted on or before 24th December, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.